DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
DAI, an international consulting firm based in the United States, is currently accepting applications from candidates for a Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist position in Kendari to support the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan Project in Indonesia (APIK). APIK will support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
Objectives and Duties:
The Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist will work closely with the Regional Managers to build relationships and provide training to local government stakeholders on integrating the use of GIS to facilitate data analysis and visualization.
The Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Supporting regional office teams in community mapping, VA and risk mapping, and alignment of spatial plans.
- Regularly consulting with local government representatives and sub-national ministries to better understand their interests, needs, and development objectives.
- Work closely with the Regional Managers to build relationships and provide training to local government stakeholders on integrating using GIS to facilitate data analysis and visualization.
- Experience creating maps and graphs, using GIS software and related equipment.
- Expertise in conducting research to locate and obtain existing databases and ability to gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data from staff and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
- Experience operating GIS system hardware and software.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Strong English speaking and writing abilities.
Base of Operations:
Southeast Sulawesi, Kendari, Indonesia
The Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist will report to Regional Manager
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send application no later than 22 May 2018. Applicants are instructed to write "GIS Specialist - Kendari - Name" as the subject line of their email. we regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.