DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
DAI seeks a Communication, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Officer for a 5-year, $19 million USAID funded “Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK)” Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders. The position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Communication, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Officer main task is to implement the project’s Communication, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Plan. The officer will work mainly with the Communication, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Specialist under the supervision of Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (M&E Manager).
She/ he will be in charge in coordinating with the regional offices for knowledge management and internal communication and also to produce articles, publications, and contents for multi-purposes. The candidate should have a strong background in communication, knowledge management, and copywriting both Indonesian and English.
· Contribute to the design and implementation of project communication, outreach, and knowledge management plan.
· Responsible to maintain the project’s website and social media accounts, including the content management.
· Coordinate and ensure effective internal communication including with regional offices.
· Contribute in identifying and producing success stories, lessons learned in written, audio-visual, or other types of publications.
· Responsible to maintain database of communication materials and stakeholders (partners, media).
· Working with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to ensure all knowledge and publications are uploaded to the project’s system (TAMIS) and shared folder, as well as producing deliverables/ publications tracker.
· Support the COKM Specialist and M&E Manager in preparing data for reporting purpose and writing technical documents.
· Degree in communication, public relation, journalism or other relevant field.
Three years of experience working in communication, outreach, and knowledge management.
· Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects focused on the environment, climate change adaptation, and disaster risk reduction and preparedness will be an advantage.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent skills in writing, both in Indonesian and English, as well as creating creative content for social media. Skills in design will be an advantage.
· Skills in social media marketing and analytics.
· A can-do attitude to meet deadline without sacrificing quality and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Base of Operations:
· Jakarta, Indonesia
Communication, Outreach, and Knowledge Management Officer will report to Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 25 July 2018. Applicants are instructed to write “COKM Officer – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified